I found this sonnet (and its modern equivalent) quite interesting to read, mostly because they presented a challenge for me to understand. I've always loved the form, so I was surprised to stumble over the comprehension as much as I did. Upon doing some research inti Euclid, I think it's possible that I was assuming there was some specific historical reference that I was missing, but I couldn't find one. If there was, I'll be fascinated to hear about it. What I did get from the poem(s) was a sense of reverence for geometry. Euclid's Elements, in my view, are but the echo of beauty walking in the time of Euclid. We read them and get some tiny fragment of an understanding, but we can only wonder at what Euclid himself saw. This is, I think, true of any work of writing. We cannot possibly understand everything that a poet intended or believed when they put pen to paper. The longer the time since writing, the greater the gap. Perhaps some many centuries ago, we might h...
Here is the link to our group's slides from Assignment 1: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1emKksT595cmhzfDsIjIuocaeUOvv6U9Ivim3Q84YFVQ/edit?usp=sharing
I had a lot of fun coming up with interesting examples of factor pairs for 45! I definitely made some things harder on myself than necessary, though. For example, I tried to do the calculation for 600, but it's identical to doing it for 10 and just shifting the decimal place for the other factor... 18 x 2,30 27 x 1,36 1 x 45 25 x 1,48 10 x 4,30
Comments
Post a Comment